There are many more and the trade-offs vary from person to person and from month to month. Some people embrace it all, while others struggle to enjoy the vast changes in your body that occur; but, no matter what, here are some simple tips that might help make your nine pregnancy months more manageable.
• Treat yourself to a footstool - or two. They can make you more comfortable at work, at home and even come in handy when you are breastfeeding.
• Take small snooze sessions. Purchase a travel alarm clock or figure out how to use the one on your cell phone. Take a 15-minuter during your lunch break if needed. You'll be amazed at how refreshed you'll feel.
• I don't spend money on myself. But if ever there was a time, now is the time to pamper yourself with a manicure or pedicure. Sweeten the pot by inviting a friend to join you. It'll be worth every penny, especially when you can't quite reach your toes any more!
• If you're like me, the last thing you want to think about is exercise. However, a daily stroll (no matter how long) can boost your energy and help you to unwind at the end of the day.
• Take photos! Capture your growing belly, gifts you receive, the nursery, the crazy food you crave, and the fun you have with family and friends. What a great way to document your pregnancy and cherish it later with your kids!
• Make a "mama-to-be toolbox". Stock it with things you use often - lip balm, tissues, phone, book, eye glasses, pen and paper, etc. It might help eliminate extra trips up and down the stairs. Don't forget the snacks!
• You've heard it time and time again ... drink water. Keep a bottle of H2O by you at all times for less contractions, leg cramps, nausea and more.
• Carry a journal. Write down questions for your doctor as you think of them; keep track of weight gain; jot down ideas for names; etc. What a great reference this will be for your next pregnancy or to simple remember your special experience.